Supplying a DAF-FPAC25 for a WWTP in a beef slaughterhouse
These two types of equipment are not only for the slaughterhouse but also are part of the farm's wastewater treatment facilities.
The entire WWTP has been designed, assembled, and commissioned by the AGUASIGMA technical team, a SIGMA Group company.
The WWTP has a pre-treatment consisting of a sewage collection followed by a 1mm-step sieve and ACAF-25 for the correct separation of oils and fats.
Subsequently, the pretreated water goes to an FBR system, which will reduce the contaminating load by aeration.
Finally, there is a sludge storage tank and a centrifuge for the dehydration of these sludges, minimizing their production and reducing costs for the client in terms of externalized management.
DAF-FPAC25 main features:
- Ideal for small and medium flows, with high loads of pollutants to remove.
- Easy to use and low maintenance.
- Low-profile equipment with a large surface area where float mud can accumulate.
- They are also applied in pig, poultry and bovine slaughterhouses, as well as in biological flotation reactors, sludge thickeners, rendering, and in the food, mining, petrochemical, and paper industries, among others.
ACAF-25 main features:
- They are ideal for the pre-treatment of wastewater.
- It is simple to operate without complicated mechanical equipment or manual intervention.
- Meager maintenance cost.
- With excellent results in physical-chemical treatments and, fiber recovery in paper plants.
This project has been a challenge for the SIGMA GROUP since in addition to having to significantly reduce the different contaminating parameters of its wastewater such as total solids, fats, COD and BOD, the company had a small space to locate the WWTP.
In the end, to solve the space problems, we decided to build the new treatment plant by levels. We took advantage of the lower part as a biological reactor, located the ACAF and DAF on the first floor, and the centrifuge sieve on the upper level.
This semi-compact solution has allowed the plant to operate with a performance that guarantees the quality of the effluent discharge into the sewage network, and of course, no need for extra space from the client.